About Walnridge Farm
Walnridge Farm offers an exceptional environment with over 40 years of experienced professional care.
The farm is located on 300 beautiful acres in the heart of Central New Jersey's horse country. With a location easily accessible to top stallions standing in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, it is an ideal location for your mare, from breeding to foaling. Walnridge Farm is also home to Walnridge Equine Clinic, with three on-site veterinarians, to ensure that all horses receive the best medical care.
A Brief History of Walnridge Farm
The name "Walnridge" is derived from the Waln family. The Walns were English Quakers who arrived at Philadelphia in 1682 with William Penn. In 1774 Richard Waln acquired land in Upper Freehold Township and erected a house and a mill. This holding became known as Walnford or Waln's Mill. It is presently owned and operated by the Monmouth County Park System.
In 1830 Nicholas Waln purchased a farm near Hornerstown for his son Richard. This farm was to become Walnridge. Elizabeth Waln married John Meirs in 1861 thus establishing the connection between Walnridge and the Meirs family. John Meirs was the great-grandson of the first David Meirs who we know was farming in Upper Freehold Township before, during, and after the American Revolution. The children now at the farm are therefore the seventh generation of this family to be at Walnridge.
Learn More About Walnridge Farm